Monday, May 30, 2011

Critical Thinking Assignment #9

My thinking about science amd humanities has definitely changed. I know what science is, but I have never seen it illustrated like this before, whether it be in the graphic novels or on the youtube videos. I never realized how far into the future we really are. I think about science and technology extremely differently now. I look at the incredible iphone and ipads that are manufactured and can't believe how far we have come. It truly is remarkable. I look at the story in the graphic novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" When reading that, and especially watching the clips from that, it truly is amazing how far science and technology has come. The way the female robot had human emotions, it was extremely difficult to tell whether she was human or machine. Even as we knew she was a robot, perhaps we might have been thinking that she was human. Incredible science and technology involved. And it can only get better. At the start of the course, I thought I was more of a humanities person, but now I do believe I am more of a science person. I am much more optimistic about science and technology as we finish the semester. It is the future of this planet. There are so many different sciences in the world. Whether it be with robots, the assembly of the atomic bomb, or the ipad2 and they are even coming out with the iphone5 shortly. It doesn't matter how long ago science has been around or how far in the future science will take us, it is to be admired from every angle possible. Everything we do in life is a science. Not to the extreme of Albert Einstein or Robert Oppeneheimer. Oppeneheimer's science is more scarier than anything because the atomic bomb can destroy thousands of people, and to think there are bombs out there that can end the world at any given moment. But, when you look at how brilliant these men were, there is hope for all of us because hopefully we can follow in their footsteps. The 'critical thinking blog' assignments have better helped me with understanding the readings in the class because when you get a chance to write about it, it gives you a better understanding of what the stories are about.

No comments:

Post a Comment