Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Critical Thinking post #5

It is one day after the midterm, and I chose to write about Darwinism always opposing humanistic values like altruism and generosity. I realize now I did not make the right decision. What I should have wrote about was about robots and Artificial Intelligence. And I do agree that these robots, including Rachel Eldon, was an intelligent being. It was extremely difficult to determine whether or not she was human. She did a great job in fooling the people that believe she was not. She showed all types of human signs, and she was the closest robot to show human emotion, It would be extremely difficult staring at her to really believe she wasn't human. She had real 'consciousness' like a human which made it even more believable. In "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"?, written by Philip Dick, it took over one hundred questions to determine whether or not she was a human, and it usually only took between 20 and 30 questions for the others. I agree they were intelligent and I do agree one day, robots will be more than a human computer. We should use them to the best of our technology. They can take us places we have never been before.

No comments:

Post a Comment